The mission of the
Escuela Bilingue Los Algarrobos
the James Dean Byrd Foundation
The goal of Los Algarrobos:
To facilitate children becoming global citizens through language and knowledge in an atmosphere of inquiry and responsible actions. In order to provide a learning environment for children to become bilingual, respectful and responsible, La Escuela Bilingue los Algarrobos will:
- Provide small classroom size to encourage individualized education and learning through critical thinking.
- Offer nutritious lunches daily to support healthy living.
- Inspire respect, responsibility, citizenship and compassion through positive interactions with all students, parents and teachers.
- Implement programs of intercultural exchange, experiential learning, and life skill development.
- Teach the English language by native-speaking, trained teachers.
- Maintain a safe and healthy learning environment where children can play, be self-expressed and enjoy their education.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility so that a child's education presents no hardship to families.